Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School (SVL) is part of a school system that has been educating young people for over 150 years. This system is the fourth largest private/ parochial school system in the United States. We are one of 366 Lutheran Elementary Schools proudly teaching throughout the United States and Canada. We are proud to be celebrating our 40th year as a church serving the Westminster Area. We are an accredited school.
Part of the WELS School System
- Over 150 years of experience in educating children
- Fourth largest private/parochial school system in the U.S.
- 366 Lutheran Elementary Schools
- 42,600 Students Pre-K through Grade 12
High Quality Academics
- High standards
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Frequent monitoring and measuring of student progress
- Students consistently score well above average on standardized tests
Meet Our Faculty
- Highly qualified
- Regularly communicate with parents
- Foster a strong home/school relationship
- Care deeply about each individual child
- Learn daily about Jesus
- Develop God-pleasing habits and values
- Opportunities to practice faith
Numerous Co-Curricular Activities
- Sports - Basketball, Soccer, Track, Girls Volleyball
- Fine Arts – Colorado Honors Band Host Site, Tone Chimes, Choir, Art Fair, School Play
- Academic – Math Competition, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, Forensics, Computer Lab & Chromebooks
- Boy & Girl Pioneers
- Rocky Mountain Christian Camp
- Choir (Shepherd Singers)
- Handbells (Shepherd Ringers)
Our curriculum aims at high standards for children. Test results show that SVL students achieve test scores of 1-2 grade levels above state and national standards. Students here will receive a well rounded education of Math, Spelling, Reading, Music, PE, Social Studies, Science, English, Literature, History, Art, Typing, and most importantly Religion. All classes will be taught through the lens of Christianity as taught in the Bible.
Come See Us
Schedule a tour today to discover first hand all the ways Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran School can make a difference in your child’s life.
If you have any questions or comments, or would like more information, please contact us.